The System Administrator reports to the SVP, Technology Manager and is responsible for providing technical expertise in the strategic analysis of Windows-based server system solutions, and the related domain service technologies to which Microsoft’s suite of utilities is utilized (DHCP, DNS, etc.). The incumbent works independently and as a team member to deliver new services and solutions, implement complex configurations, and works on specialized projects requiring advanced training and experience. This position plays a critical role in supporting technology directives by way of following industry best practices toward stabilizing, standardizing, managing, updating, securing California Bank of Commerce’s core domain/infrastructure services, and maintain professional business relations with clients and outside contacts.
As a member of the IT Team, this role assumes responsibility for:
- The proper implementation and maintenance of critical systems and providing recommendations for changes and enhancements;
- Performing duties that may have a broad and significant impact on California Bank of Commerce’s services;
- Communicating effectively in both verbal and written formats with the technology manager, team members, and representatives of other business units;
- Demonstrating the willingness and ability to handle day-to-day / systems administration work as well as more advanced engineering projects;
- Working independently, cooperatively as part of a team, or as a technical lead, with strong initiative to strive for perfection and exceed job expectations is essential.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree, Microsoft Certification or Equivalent Work Experience
- Five years of IT experience with a proven track record of success.
- Advanced-level familiarity with ADDS, ADFS, DFSR, ADCS, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Remote Applications, and Windows Server Core Services;
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
California Bank of Commerce (CBC) is committed to a work environment in which all individuals will be treated respectfully, with dignity and to providing a work environment free from all forms of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Our team members have the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation against our job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers, or Team Members by another employee, supervisor, manager, vendor, customer, or any third party on the basis of race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair style and texture), color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, medical condition as defined by state law, military and veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or laws or ordinances.