The Relationship Credit Manager (RCM) – Real Estate serves as an integral role in maximizing the profitability of the customer/client relationship through effective analysis of credit based opportunities and the maintenance of credit quality. The RCM executes on loan underwriting and portfolio management for an assigned portfolio of relationships, generally within a certain geographic team or specialized lending team. The RCM is a credit function. Though it reports through Credit Administration, it is imbedded within and is a member of the Relationship Management Team. Success in this position will be measured with input from both the Relationship Management Team and Credit Administration.
This position will primarily support real estate loan activities (construction and permanent loans) and will be based out of our Oakland or Walnut Creek office.
- Prepare documents necessary to pre-flight transaction with appropriate approver(s), describing the opportunity, recommending credit structure, and identifying and communicating key underwriting issues and mitigants thereto to gain initial buy-in;
- Review and analyze leases, rent rolls, operating statements and other documents provided by clients to make appropriate structuring recommendations based on credit risk;
- Underwrite the opportunity then prepare and submit the Loan Request for approval;
- Participate in client meetings and site visits as time allows;
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly problem loan reports and manage ongoing credit portfolios.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting, or equivalent related experience;
- Five (5) years of experience with a focus on underwriting complex C&I and CRE credits;
- Must be bondable;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
California Bank of Commerce (CBC) is committed to a work environment in which all individuals will be treated respectfully, with dignity and to providing a work environment free from all forms of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Our team members have the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation against our job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers, or Team Members by another employee, supervisor, manager, vendor, customer, or any third party on the basis of race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair style and texture), color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, medical condition as defined by state law, military and veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or laws or ordinances.
|Job Category||Credit Administration|