The Relationship Credit Manager (RCM) – Commercial & Industrial; Commercial Real Estate role is a credit function which executes on loan underwriting and portfolio management for an assigned portfolio of relationships, generally within a certain geographic team (or specialized lending team) consisting of both C&I (Commercial loans) and CRE (Commercial Real Estate loans). Though it reports through Credit Administration, it is imbedded within and is a member of the Relationship Management Team.
This position will be based out of our Sacramento office.
- Prepare underwriting documents/approval reports necessary to recommend loan requests to appropriate approver(s), describing the opportunity, recommending credit structure, and identifying and communicating key underwriting issues and mitigants.
- Analyze credit and financial information (e.g., credit reports, tax returns, financial statements, etc.) to determine levels of credit risk involved in lending money to C&I and CRE customers and make appropriate structuring recommendations.
- Anticipate review dates and/or maturity dates and coordinate requests for financial statements with relationship team to ensure all necessary documentation is received from the client to facilitate expeditious underwriting.
- Prepare periodic financial review including when appropriate monitoring/testing financial covenants.
- Participate in client meetings and site visits as time allows; and participation in loan closing and customer negotiations is not required, but encouraged from a personal development standpoint.
- Understand and comply with credit policy and approval procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting, or equivalent related experience is preferred. Undergraduate degree is a minimum requirement.
- Five (5+) years of experience with a focus on underwriting complex C&I and CRE credits. (Junior or AVP level RCM could have 3 years)
- Firm understanding of accounting principles, financial statement analysis and banking operations and regulations.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
California Bank of Commerce (CBC) is committed to a work environment in which all individuals will be treated respectfully, with dignity and to providing a work environment free from all forms of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Our team members have the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation against our job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers, or Team Members by another employee, supervisor, manager, vendor, customer, or any third party on the basis of race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair style and texture), color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, medical condition as defined by state law, military and veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or laws or ordinances.
|Job Category||Credit Administration|