The Loan Documentation Specialist is a critical member of the Loan Servicing Department. This position is responsible for technical knowledge, proficiency and productivity in the Loan Servicing Department ensuring that established policies and procedures are followed and service standards are achieved. The Loan Documentation Specialist is responsible for accurately preparing loan documents for loans of varying complexity, providing quality assurance over loan documentation, collateral due diligence, reviewing executed loan and legal documents, maintaining loan document files, indexing files into electronic file system, and preparing pre-boarding documents.
This position will be based out of our Oakland office with flexible scheduling.
- Prepare loan documentation of varying complexity for new, renewals and modifications, review loan file within the company’s paperless system for completeness and proper organization and identify missing documentation or potential problems and generate needs lists for lenders, responsible for verifying completeness of files with all necessary documents and signatures required
- Communicate with lenders to collect information and documentation necessary to finalize incomplete loan packages, coordinate efforts with title companies, insurance companies and other departments to obtain required supporting documentation
- Review legal documents for accuracy and compliance including but not limited to formation docs, real estate and title policies, provide quality assurance over loan documentation, collateral perfection, UCC filings, and insurance tracking, research and resolve lending inquiries and issues, tickler maintenance and follow-up
- Collateral due diligence of various forms of collateral including but not limited to real estate, equipment, vehicles and possessory, maintain loan documentation files; index files into nCino or the electronic file system
- Provided proactive support to lenders, departments and branch staff, capable of backing up and supporting all aspects of the department, perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Loan Documentation Specialist – two (2) years relevant work experience in a bank loan documentation environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Adobe, and Laser Pro.
- Must possess a valid California state driver’s license.
- Must be bondable.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
California Bank of Commerce (CBC) is committed to a work environment in which all individuals will be treated respectfully, with dignity and to providing a work environment free from all forms of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Our team members have the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation against our job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers, or Team Members by another employee, supervisor, manager, vendor, customer, or any third party on the basis of race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair style and texture), color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, medical condition as defined by state law, military and veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or laws or ordinances.