Reporting to the Compliance Manager, the Lending Compliance and CRA Analyst is responsible for overseeing regulatory compliance for commercial lending and the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). Under the direction of the Compliance Manager, the LCCA will administer the ongoing monitoring of the Bank’s Lending Compliance Management and CRA programs. The LCCA will act as a leader and work on various compliance areas including, training, monitoring reviews and policy and procedures. This will include planning, developing, executing and reporting results. This position is responsive to new regulation as well as changes to existing regulations. In addition, the LCCA is responsible for providing compliance support, communication and interpretation of compliance rules and regulations to bank employees, and researching regulatory issues as they arise.
- Develop and perform compliance monitoring programs to meet commercial compliance objectives for all departments of the bank. This includes reviewing, evaluating and verifying the soundness, adequacy, and application of controls and procedures.
- Work with the Compliance Officer, Chief Credit Officer and other bank staff to resolve any deficiencies noted related internal audits or regulatory examinations.
- Complete file reviews to assess the level of compliance with specific regulations, including but not limited to Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Truth-in-Lending Act, Flood Disaster Protection Act, Appraisals Standards and Fair Lending.
- Ensure that the bank’s community reinvestment activities are tracked, analyzed and modified as appropriate to ensure at least a satisfactory rating.
- Prepare a semi-annual review and self-assessment of CRA activity (analyze CRA lending, service and investment performance).
- Manage software systems and act as systems administrator. Ensure that data is loaded into the system and scheduled software updates are performed.
- AA College Degree preferred, High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of commercial lending compliance and CRA experience.
- 5+ years of tracking issues regarding ECOA, TILA, FCRA, Flood Insurance, Appraisals Standards, Fair Lending and CRA Compliance.
- Demonstrated understanding of banking laws and regulations.
- CRCM certification by the ABA or similar a plus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
California Bank of Commerce (CBC) is committed to a work environment in which all individuals will be treated respectfully, with dignity and to providing a work environment free from all forms of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Our team members have the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation against our job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers, or Team Members by another employee, supervisor, manager, vendor, customer, or any third party on the basis of race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair style and texture), color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, medical condition as defined by state law, military and veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or laws or ordinances.