We are the Credit Risk and Operations team, a division of Credit Administration: Loan Portfolio Data Analytics and Reporting, Loan Workflow & Credit Operations Development, and Data Integrity.
- Work independently and efficiently to produce high quality credit related reporting and analysis. In addition to gathering, analyzing, and reporting data, assist in developing and documenting internal control processesover financial reporting. Such reports are designed to monitor loan portfolio management and are used for internal communication to the Board of Directors, the Director’s Loan Committee, and Senior Management as well as for external communication to accountants, auditors, regulators, and examiners.
- Participate in developing processes and procedures focused on increasing department efficiency and to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX); provide guidance to departments involved in the credit function of the bank and ensure safeguards are in place to manage the bank’s loan portfolio in a safe and sound manner.
- General Credit Administration responsibilities, shared responsibilities with the broader Credit Administration group which includes Credit Administrators and CCO: Policy and Governance; Provide guidance to lending teams; Manage information requests and engagements of all third party loan review, internal/external auditors and bank regulators.
- Perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy, consistency and speed while meeting tight deadlines in a high-volume, fast-paced commercial banking environment. Explain complex information clearly and simply; Take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Firm understanding of accounting principles, financial statement analysis and banking operations and regulations and laws and all policies and procedures pertaining to them, including but not limited to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and other related regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting, or equivalent related experience.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in credit administration or five (5) years’ commercial credit/lending, or five (5) years of credit analysis and administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accurate word processing and computer database skills; with extensive technical expertise and full knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
California Bank of Commerce (CBC) is committed to a work environment in which all individuals will be treated respectfully, with dignity and to providing a work environment free from all forms of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Our team members have the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation against our job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers, or Team Members by another employee, supervisor, manager, vendor, customer, or any third party on the basis of race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair style and texture), color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, medical condition as defined by state law, military and veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or laws or ordinances.
|Job Category||Credit Administration|