Credit Operations Analysts independently perform a variety of duties for the Credit Administration department. The role includes assisting with the loan process by inputting and analyzing financial information of businesses and individuals to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money; conducting credit investigations; assisting in underwriting commercial credit requests, generally, for credit requests up to $500,000, working collaboratively with and making discretionary recommendations and suggestions to Relationship Credit Managers, Relationship Managers, and Senior Management.
- Analyze credit and financial information (e.g., credit reports, tax returns, financial statements, etc.) to determine levels of credit risk involved in lending money to commercial customers,
- Enter financial figures into appropriate programs to generate ratios, examine data to assist in determining credit worthiness of applicants, and/or assist in the assessment of compliance with loan terms and/or changes in the credit risk profile of an existing Borrower.
- Review and enter accounts receivable/payable agings, and at times inventory reports, into the Bank’s Borrowing Base Analysis spreadsheet program to ensure Borrower remains within their Borrowing limits (Formula-Based Revolving Line of Credit Borrowers).
- Generate cash flow projections using key drivers and assumptions.
- Reconcile, calculate and interpret ratios, comparative, trend and market analysis, accurate cash flow analysis, and stress-testing,
- Identify client issues and make discretionary problem solving decisions to meet those credit needs working independently with Relationship Credit Managers
- When time permits, underwrite loan renewals, generally, for loan requests of $500,000 or less.
- Understand and comply with credit policy and procedures.
Education/ Experience/ Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting, or equivalent related experience;
- Two or more years of experience in banking
|Job Category||Credit Administration|