A CBC Credit Analyst independently performs a variety of duties for the Credit Administration department; assists with the loan process by inputting and analyzing financial information of businesses and individuals to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money; conducts credit investigations; assists in underwriting commercial credit requests, generally, for credit requests up to $500,000, working collaboratively with and making discretionary recommendations and suggestions to Relationship Credit Managers, Relationship Managers, and Senior Management.
Primarily responsible for analyzing credit and financial information (e.g., credit reports, tax returns, financial statements, etc.) to determine levels of credit risk involved in lending money to commercial customers, with minimal direction from Relationship Credit Managers, Relationship Managers and management. This includes but is not limited to:
- Entering financial figures into appropriate programs to generate ratios, examine data to assist in determining credit worthiness of applicants, and/or assist in the assessment of compliance with loan terms and/or changes in the credit risk profile of an existing Borrower.
- Reviewing and entering accounts receivable/payable agings, and at times inventory reports, into the Bank’s Borrowing Base Analysis spreadsheet program to ensure Borrower remains within their Borrowing limits (Formula-Based Revolving Line of Credit Borrowers).
- Generating cash flow projections using key drivers and assumptions.
- Reconciliation, calculation and interpretation of ratios, comparative, trend and market analysis, accurate cash flow analysis, and stress-testing,
- Works independently with Relationship Credit Managers and Relationship Managers to identify client issues and make discretionary problem solving decisions to meet those credit needs.
- When time permits, underwrite loan renewals, generally, for loan requests of $500,000 or less.
- Understand and comply with credit policy and procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting, or equivalent related experience;
- Two or more years of experience in banking;
- Possession of a California state driver’s license;
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
California Bank of Commerce (CBC) is committed to a work environment in which all individuals will be treated respectfully, with dignity and to providing a work environment free from all forms of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Our team members have the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation against our job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers, or Team Members by another employee, supervisor, manager, vendor, customer, or any third party on the basis of race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair style and texture), color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, medical condition as defined by state law, military and veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or laws or ordinances.
|Job Category||Credit Administration|