Perform diverse Credit Administration support duties involving high-level exposure to sensitive information, necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment. Credit Administration includes the areas of Underwriting/Credit Analysis and the Note Department. Works as a liaison between the sales units, loan operations and support units, and other areas of the Bank to ensure clear communication should issues arise.
Statement of Expectations
California Bank of Commerce (CBC) expects all employees to comply with the responsibilities of their assigned position to the highest degree of performance by:
- Adhering to the Company’s policies and supporting Management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner;
- Representing CBC with a high level of integrity and professionalism;
- Maintaining knowledge and understanding of banking rules, regulations, laws and all policies and procedures pertaining to them including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Safeguarding confidential Bank and customer information.
- Demonstrating willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines;
- Possessing a work ethic that includes neatness and punctuality; and
- Exhibiting a professional, businesslike appearance and demeanor.
- Demonstrating knowledge of and adherence to CBC’s equal employment opportunity (EEO) policy and practice by: treating all individuals with respect; displaying sensitivity for cultural differences; educating others on the value of diversity; promoting a work environment free of harassment of any type; contributing to the construction of a diverse workforce; and supporting affirmative action.
- Performing the essential functions of the Credit Administration Specialist safely, without endangering the health or safety of self or others; reporting unsafe or potentially unsafe conditions; complying with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Assist with accurate and timely preparation of credit related reporting and analysis. Such reports are designed to monitor loan portfolio management and are used for internal communication to the Board of Directors, the Director’s Loan Committee, and Senior Management as well as for external communication to auditors, regulators, and examiners.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation and submission of reporting requirements for the bank’s partners (ie – NorCal
FDC, FRB, and FHLB).
- Assist in maintaining credit related information, such as credit forms and credit policies and procedures, as needed,
and assist in communicating changes to lending personnel, as needed.
- Provide back-up support for ordering of appraisal, environmental, and other 3rd party reports related to the risk
management aspect of the credit approval process.
- Work closely with members of Credit Administration and other Bank employees, as needed, to provide support
involving loan operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Interaction and Environment
Work areas are inside in a climate-controlled environment with moderate background noise. Position requires flexibility
in working hours and duties. Position may require travel to customer sites to assist in product usage. Position may involve
exposure to potentially hazardous conditions (e.g., robbery).
Reports To: Senior Credit Administrator
Material and Equipment Used:
- Fax Machine
- Voice Mail
- General Office Supplies
Physical Activities Required to Preform Essential Functions
CBC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and will strive to make reasonable accommodations in
order to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job. The expected physical
demands of the position are described below.
- This position requires the employee to spend approximately 75% of his or her time working at a desk; the
balance of time (approximately 25%) is spent moving around work areas.
- This position requires the employee to effectively communicate with coworkers, customers and outside
agencies, by telephone and in person.
- This position requires the employee to effectively use a computer screen and interpret printed materials,
memos and other appropriate paperwork.
- This position may require the employee to transport, with or without assistance, up to 50 pounds of files,
supplies and equipment such as computers and peripherals.
- This position may require the employee to access files or stock supplies in low cabinets and shelves.
- This position requires the employee to input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with
appropriate paperwork, equipment and supplies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image
when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to
work independently and as part of a team.
- Comprehensive word processing and spreadsheet skills specifically including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and understanding of banking rules, regulations and laws and all policies and procedures pertaining to
them, including but not limited to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and other related regulations.
- Current knowledge and understanding of lending terms, loan products, credit application reports and the process and
documentation a loan must follow from application to payoff.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills;
- Must work accurately with close attention to detail;
- Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Ability to study and apply new information
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university, or at least three (3) years’ experience in commercial
lending, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess a valid California State driver’s license.
|Job Category||Credit Administration|