This position is responsible for the management of the Bank’s appraisal and environmental activities for real estate lending to ensure conformance with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), the Bank’s appraisal policy, FDIC/FIRREA regulations, and the interagency guidelines. Additional responsibilities may include timely completion of annual Property Reviews, approval of construction advances, etc. for the Bank’s Real Estate Loan portfolio and providing additional support to Credit Administration as assigned.
- Manage commercial and residential appraisal assignments prepared by third-party appraisers, as well as environmental reports prepared by third party environmental consultants.
- Review all incoming appraisal and environmental requests to determine appropriate scope and valuation scenarios appropriate for the proposed loan transaction and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the Bank’s online valuation and environmental management system, ValuTrac.
- Solicit bids and award appraisal and environmental assignments to third-party appraisers and environmental consultants through ValuTrac.
- Review appraisals prepared by third-party appraisers to ensure compliance with regulatory and bank requirements, and review environmental reports prepared by third-party environmental consultants.
- Act as intermediary in value disputes, and determine need for additional appraisal information.
- Provide real estate technical and policy support to all internal staff including Relationship Managers, relationship credit managers, banking services officers, credit administration and senior management.
- Provide ongoing valuation guidance to the loan review function; and provide real estate valuation training to internal staff on an as needed basis.
- Independently complete Property Reviews for the Bank’s Real Estate Loan portfolio; to ensure that the property is debt servicing as required, collateral is sound, and the property value has not adversely changed from recent appraisals.
- Review and approve construction loan advances for construction loan activity.
- Familiar with and understands the Bank’s Commercial Lending Policy as well as regulatory guidelines.
- Assist in the preparation of Loan Portfolio reports for Credit Administration or other departments in the Bank as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting, or equivalent related experience is preferred.
- Three to five (3 – 5) years of experience. Prior Commercial Real Estate appraisal experience is preferred.
- Firm understanding of real estate banking regulations (FIRREA, etc).
- Accurate word processing and computer database skills; with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ValuTracapplications.
|Job Category||Credit Administration|