The Commercial Loan Underwriter performs a variety of duties for the Credit Administration department; assists with the loan process by inputting and analyzing financial information of businesses and/or individuals to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money; conducts credit investigations; assists in underwriting commercial credit requests, working collaboratively with and making discretionary recommendations and suggestions to Relationship Credit Managers, Relationship Managers, and Senior Management.
This position will be based out of our Sacramento office.
Salary Range: $70,000 – $85,000
Responsible for analyzing credit and financial information for relationships (e.g., credit reports, tax returns, financial statements, etc.) to determine levels of credit risk involved in lending money to commercial customers by:
- Entering financial figures into appropriate programs to generate ratios, examine data to assist in determining credit worthiness of applicants, and/or assist in the assessment of compliance with loan terms and/or changes in the credit risk profile of an existing Borrower
- Generating cash flow projections using key drivers and assumptions
- Reconciliation, calculation and interpretation of ratios, comparative, trend and market analysis, accurate cash flow analysis, and stress-testing to determine risk involved in the extension of credit or lending money to commercial/individual customers, with minimal direction from senior lenders or senior management
- Compare items such as liquidity and profitability with other companies of same industry, size and geographic location for commercial customers
- Works independently (as well as with RCM oversight) to prepare thoughtful, clear and concise written analysis, identifying repayment sources, key risks, and mitigating factors for commercial loans in order to complete credit approval reports for presentation and makes discretionary recommendations/suggestions based on analyzed data.
- Underwrite loan applications including credit approval reports, credit analysis results, and loan request summaries.
- Understand and comply with credit policy and approval procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting, or equivalent related experience.
- Two (2) years of experience.
- Must possess a valid California state driver’s license.
- Must be bondable.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
California Bank of Commerce (CBC) is committed to a work environment in which all individuals will be treated respectfully, with dignity and to providing a work environment free from all forms of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Our team members have the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation against our job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers, or Team Members by another employee, supervisor, manager, vendor, customer, or any third party on the basis of race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair style and texture), color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, medical condition as defined by state law, military and veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or laws or ordinances.