The Commercial Banking Operations Project Manager will serve as a primary liaison between the individual business units of the Bank (credit, branch and deposit operations, finance, sales, etc.). Responsible for working with other Bank departments to manage the Bank’s project portfolio and provide regular status updates.
- Responsible for the management of projects that are brought forward as a result of independent business analysis efforts, and any other projects that are assigned.
- The Project Manager is responsible for identifying and escalating risks and issues and managing vendor relationships as well as dependencies with internal development teams and other impacted stakeholder groups.
- The role collaborates to define scope, requirements, project governance, design, testing, timeline, and budget.
- Analyze needs, discover challenges, and exercise discretionary judgment in exposing opportunities to determine potential solutions or efficiencies that can be implemented in areas of: automation, reporting, workflow, etc.
- Collaborate with the SVP of Operations and Sr. EVP Chief Technology Officer to identify and manage the project pipeline for the specific business lines.
- Responsible for scheduling, hosting, and documenting project meetings.
- Maintain policies, procedures, documents program / project decisions and meeting minutes.
- Prepare and host status presentations for Management and staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or Computer Science, or equivalent related experience.
- Multiple years of experience in working with banking entities
- Experience with workflow reporting requirements
- PMP Certification, preferred
- Must possess a valid California state driver’s license.
- Must be bondable.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
California Bank of Commerce (CBC) is committed to a work environment in which all individuals will be treated respectfully, with dignity and to providing a work environment free from all forms of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Our team members have the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation against our job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers, or Team Members by another employee, supervisor, manager, vendor, customer, or any third party on the basis of race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair style and texture), color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, medical condition as defined by state law, military and veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or laws or ordinances.