The Central Operations Payment Specialist will be responsible for processing all functions assigned to the Department with a focus on ACH Origination and Payment Processing. Providing excellent internal and external customer service and supporting all areas of operations while maintaining professionalism and versatility.
- The Operations Payment Specialist must have a strong background in payment processing related to ACH, EFT and Checks. Able to work with little supervision, in a team environment, take initiative, prioritize tasks, with the ability to provide problem prevention and resolutions.
- The successful candidate for this position will have previous financial institutional experience with ACH origination and payments processing.
- Working accurately with close attention to details, displaying good time-management skills.
- Process and maintain quality control and confidentiality over critical processes and information, multi-task and finish assigned tasks timely and efficiently.
- This role will work directly with the Central Operations Manager to identify and implement operational improvements and streamline procedures to increase efficiency within the ACH Payment Operations.
- Ensure daily operations and ACH activity is processed, and all exceptions are handled in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot reconcilement issues related to ACH, EFT and Check processing
- Responsible for verification, submission, analysis and processing of all ACH payments.
- Responsible for timely processing of incoming and outgoing ACH files from the Federal Reserve, resolve rejects, stop payment requests, disputes and inquiries.
- Escalates issues appropriately and timely.
- Use internal systems to gain knowledge of applications as they relate to the responsibilities of the operations department. Use relevant internal technology to effectively and efficiently manage inquiries.
- Assist in the coordination of product implementations.
- Ensure adherence to all established procedures and controls.
- Facilitate Root Cause Analyses and recommend proactive improvements to existing processes.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Must complete the assigned online training courses and achieve a passing score by due date.
- AAP Certification preferred or five (5) years of experience with ACH Payment processing, reconciliation and error resolution.
- Knowledge of ACH origination processes and procedures, specifically ACH returns and exposure limits
- Understanding of Corporate ACH and Third-Party origination
- Command of NACHA file formats
- Banking or financial industry knowledge and experience is required, specifically with ACH experience
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in risk management, audit, regulatory, management consulting, statistics or another related field.
- Experience in business administration, finance, accounting, mathematics, economics or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
Education and Experience
- College Degree or equivalent experience.
- At least five (5) years of Banking experience in Back Office Operations.
- Must be bondable.