A Cash Management Deposit Consultant (CMDC) will lead the prospecting and marketing activities through a consultative team approach to attract business Non-Interest Bearing and Interest Bearing Deposit relationships to California Bank of Commerce. A CMDC will work closely with Treasury Management Consultants, Relationship Managers, and Market Leaders prospecting and engaging new C&I, Non-profit organizations, and those with complex treasury management needs. The CMDC will be a leader in prospecting and driving CBC’s deposit growth.
- Identifies and effectively open doors for C-Suite engagement to market and promote California Bank of Commerce. This includes prospecting, marketing, cold-calling, networking, education, and promotion of California Bank of Commerce;
- Initiates prospecting and business development opportunities for deposit growth. Will work closely with Treasury Management Consultants and Relationship Managers to drive deposit growth;
- Ensures policies and procedures meet the organization’s objectives, needs, and regulatory body requirements; directly or indirectly responsible for guiding and implementing such policies and procedures at the regional level;
- Ensures compliance within all regions with internal controls, policies and procedures in day-to-day conduct and supervision of marketing and cash management activities;
- Works independently to foster new relationships with prospective clients to share cash management best practices;
- Leads internal education sessions on marketing strategies for deposit growth and marketing.
- Ability to drive new business deposit opportunity
- Proven new client acquisition success with businesses between $5M and $200M in annual revenue
- 5+ years of banking /cash management consulting experience or relevant sales experience
- Demonstrated team player and an ability to work with others
- 4 Year Degree (preferred)
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Exceptional organization skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
California Bank of Commerce (CBC) is committed to a work environment in which all individuals will be treated respectfully, with dignity and to providing a work environment free from all forms of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Our team members have the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation against our job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers, or Team Members by another employee, supervisor, manager, vendor, customer, or any third party on the basis of race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair style and texture), color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, medical condition as defined by state law, military and veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or laws or ordinances.