The Banking Services Officer (BSO) will work under the direction of the Banking Services Manager, to assist with the servicing of a construction loan and deposit portfolio. The Banking Service Officer (BSO) will gain an understanding of comprehensive Commercial Banking relationships, which may include both depository and credit components.
- Provide consistent client service, facilitating and directing various client requests, both written and verbal, including but not limited to account inquiries, account transactions, and wires with the ability to discern potential risks to client deposit activity.
- Preparation of deposit, loan, and cash management documentation, including but not limited to: signature cards, compliance related documents, borrowing/signatory resolutions, lien releases, inspection reports, etc.
- Coordinate construction loan closings with appropriate personnel, including interfacing with title companies, assisting in the preparation and review of loan closing settlement statements, determining and obtaining appropriate insurance coverages, including but not limited to course of construction, general liability and workman’s comp insurance.
- Review of Construction Budgets, including balancing and processing of Construction Loan Draw Requests including tracking of retention, budget revisions and change orders.
- Complete assigned paperwork and reports for management and Relationship Managers. Complete records and reports promptly and accurately. Monitor files to assure completeness, including appropriate approvals, as required.
- Maintain client files including updating financial reporting tracking system, requesting required client financial information, as well as collateral, insurance and entity verification documentation.
- Thorough understanding of various formation documentation associated with LLC’s, corporations, partnerships and other business related entities.
- Develop proficiencies around utilizing the Bank’s file maintenance system, providing regular status updates to related parties/Relationship Managers, as well as recognizing and articulating areas of concern.
- Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relationships with clients and external contacts while answering client questions pertaining to deposit accounts, loans, balances, and payoffs.
- Assist with initiating requests for appraisal quotes, providing required information to appropriate personnel and completing forms as necessary. Perform same process for necessary environmental reports and flood certifications.
- Participate in meetings with clients to establish and/or install Cash Management products and services while providing support to Cash Management clients as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) years of commercial loan servicing experience
- Experience in Construction Draw Review and Processing
- Must be bondable.
- Ability to commute to office and client locations.
- Word processing and computer database skills, including high proficiency of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, and Bank approved systems used in tracking customer accounts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Notary or willingness to become a notary preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
California Bank of Commerce (CBC) is committed to a work environment in which all individuals will be treated respectfully, with dignity and to providing a work environment free from all forms of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Our team members have the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation against our job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers, or Team Members by another employee, supervisor, manager, vendor, customer, or any third party on the basis of race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair style and texture), color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, medical condition as defined by state law, military and veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or laws or ordinances.
|Job Category||Commercial Banking|