Responsible for administering the Bank’s accounting function by planning and recommending practices for sound and proper financial control of the Bank.
- Payroll Processing – Process payroll to ensure employees are paid timely and accurately, compile payroll information necessary for managing payroll preparation; completing reports; maintaining records, and ensuring all applicable liabilities and taxes are paid in accordance with state and federal laws. Partner with Human Resources to ensure accurate employee records and assist employees with payroll related questions and information.
- GL System Maintenance – Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure including ownership of opening/closing/updating GL accounts and applicable cost centers.
- Month-end close – Assist with month-end process to ensure all entries are recorded timely and general ledger books are close accurately and in accordance with GAAP.
- Financial Reporting – Ensure financial reporting is in accordance with GAAP and meets the needs of management. Ensure accurate and timely preparation and filing of quarterly Call Report, FR-Y reporting and Payroll reports.
- Accounting Operations – Assist with maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, fixed assets and investments
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5+ years’ working in accounting/finance and 3+years working with banking entities
- Experience with processing payroll and employee benefits
- Experience with financial reporting requirements, including SEC filings, Call Reporting and FR-Y reporting
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Demonstrated excellence in project and task ownership as well as the ability to communicate effectively in collaborative relationships
- Must possess a valid California state driver’s license and be bondable.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
California Bank of Commerce (CBC) is committed to a work environment in which all individuals will be treated respectfully, with dignity and to providing a work environment free from all forms of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Our team members have the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation against our job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers, or Team Members by another employee, supervisor, manager, vendor, customer, or any third party on the basis of race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair style and texture), color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, medical condition as defined by state law, military and veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or laws or ordinances.
|Job Category||Accounting, Finance|